Easy to make crepe paper hyacinth flowers

12:22 AM



Now that spring is almost here. Flowers had started budding. Oh! I missed them so much. Trees and plants are ready to burst with new life. It's amazing. To celebrate and welcome this wonderful spring I decided to make hyacinth  flowers. It does look like lot of work. But trust me it won't take more than 5 minutes to make each flower. Once you get hung of making them you can even make each flower in 2 minutes. You don't need much of the crafts supplies either. I am sure you are going to love the result. Lets get started!



Things to you need to make Crepe Paper Hyacinth Flowers

  • Crepe papers (choose the colours of your choice)
  • Green crepe paper
  • Scissors
  • Ruler
  • Glue
  • Straw or Shashlik sticks 



Measure and cut out the crepe paper: 30 cm x 7 cm. You can also use a measurement of 35cm x 7cm. I choose bright coloured crepe papers. I used orange, white, red, yellow as those were the colours which I had. Luckily they go way better than I thought. :)



Fold the crepe paper length wise. This will make your job much more easier than cutting one strip at a time. Cut the strips around 1cm to 1.5 cm thick. I did it approximately and it really doesn't need to be accurate, you will get amazing result anyways.


Unfold the crepe paper.


Use a shashlik stick or you can also use a knitting needle to curl up the strips. You will end up with this.



Apply glue to shashlik stick or if you are using a straw I will suggest to use a stapler and staple the upper part. I would suggest to use a shashlik stick or just get a small dead twigs or branches from a plant and use them. Glue sticks and works better with crepe paper. Now keep on rotating the shashlik stick and sticking the crepe paper to the stick.


You will end up with this. Isn't it beautiful?


Cut the green crepe paper and stick it wound the remaining part of shashlik stick.



Use green crepe paper and make some leaves of different sizes. That gives them a realistic look. Repeat the steps with other coloured crepe papers. 


Here you have your amazing spring bouquet or you can plant them in the vase to make it a gorgeous spring plant to used as a centre piece. I love the end result. 







You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook