Homemade Laundry Detergent: Borax Free

7:09 PM

DIY Homemade Laundry Detergent Powder

After having red rashes on the skin using the chemical detergents and fabric softeners, I have finally decided to make my own homemade laundry detergent powder. It is super easy to make and it is actually cost-effective too. When I looked at the ingredients I thought how it is going to be cost-effective? But it is cheaper in the end when you break the whole thing down.

While I was thinking of my own which I had no idea how to get started, I came across this recipe on YouTube from Rebecca Cross. I liked it as it is borax free, all natural and safe to use. I used the ingredients which were available at my place. So instead of using Kirk's Castille soap, I used Marius Fabre Savon de Marseille
It is easy to follow 5 ingredients recipe. I had recently started using it and I didn't add any essential oils to it. The clothes are odorless but they did come out super clean. Next time I am going to add essential oils too to make them smell great. It took less than 10 minutes (you need to grate the soap) and rest just mix it and you are good to go. 

Ingredients

  • 113 g of Castille soap (grated)
  • 1 cup Washing Soda
  • 1/2 cup Citric Acid
  • 1/2cup Baking Soda
  • 1/4 cup Sea Salt
  • Essential Oils (optional)

You will also need:

  • A mason jar (to store)
  • Spatula
  • Mixing Bowl 
  • Grater
Grate the soap and mix all the other ingredients or have a look at the recipe here with Rebeca Cross.

My experience

It works great and you really need 1 tablespoon per wash load and the clothes come out super clean. I use vinegar too instead of fabric softener along with the detergent. 

Overall, I love this detergent as it is economical, natural and safe to use and clothes come out clean. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook